If you’re interested in joining a growing company and being a part of our high-performing team, we hope you’ll check out these current career opportunities.
CFI Group is a fun, fast-paced, growing, Ann Arbor-based professional services firm. We provide strategic customer and employee satisfaction solutions based on methodology of the nation’s leading measure of customer satisfaction, the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
Located in a beautiful park setting, CFI Group offers competitive pay and great benefits including onsite fitness room, casual dress and summer hours.
We generally consider resumes that are accompanied by cover letters and salary requirements first. If you don’t see your dream job here, please check back periodically. New openings are posted regularly.
We accept resumes for internships year round. If you’d like to investigate internship opportunities, please e-mail your resume and include a cover letter describing your academic endeavors and what type of internship you’re interested in to HR@CFIGroup.com.
CFI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
General summary:The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for the proper classification of all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Journal Transactions. Performs all Accounts Receivable functions, all Asset & Depreciation functions, and monitors Accounts Payable functions. Ensures completion of appropriate reporting and record keeping, and ensures that activities are processed according to established timelines and generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliations, balance sheet accruals of prepaid expenses and obligations, and preparation of approved general ledger entries.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain accounts receivable, client billing and revenue reports.
- Prepare and maintain weekly cash flow report.
- Prepare client invoices, obtaining appropriate approvals prior to mailing; auditing all client invoices for completeness, accuracy and validity. Track and post respective cash receipts.
- Provide support to A/P Clerk for processing vendor invoices and payments, according to schedules and policies.
- Prepare general journal adjustment transactions for account reclassifications. Prepare recurring general journal transactions for posting monthly accruals. Obtain approval from Accounting Manager on all general journal transactions prior to posting.
- Prepare all assets for depreciation tracking. Maintain asset and depreciation module for acquisitions and dispositions as needed.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Directors, and clients (where authorized) for collection of outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Reconcile all bank accounts.
- Reconcile prepaid expense accounts, rebill accounts, accrued obligations, and other
- selected accounts, as required by Accounting Manager.
- Ensure posting of all sub-ledgers for A/R, A/P and A/D.
- Report on and communicate all adjustments being prepared to the Accounting Manager with source and solution, prior to posting.
- Track corporate credit card activity, and report all unusual activity, delinquent accounts and any other matters to the Accounting Manager. Maintain the company’s credit card lists.
- Prepare financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Margin Report) for review by Accounting Manager.
- Ensure that record systems are operated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Recommend new or revised receivable and payable procedures to improve departmental efficiency.
- Prepare payable and receivable reports as necessary for periodic audits by external organizations.
- Perform other accounting functions with supervision from the Accounting Manager.
- Payroll processing.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ relevant experience required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, foreign currency translations, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and financial reporting needs of direct supervisor, groups of managers, clients, customers, and other financial advisors.
- Proficiency with Excel.